[clc-devel] testing the new contrib

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Mon Mar 28 21:50:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

Simone and I have set up a prtsync service on clc.morpheus.net, which
uses Jay Dolan's prtsync script to merge an arbitrary number of httpup
repositories to a single collection.

The service is set up according to the rules defined in
  http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/wiki?p=NewContribRules

In case of problems and added/removed ports, notifications are sent to
clc-contrib at lists.berlios.de. An archive for this list can be seen at
  https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/clc-contrib/

The collection itself can be found at
  http://clc.morpheus.net/prtsync/
  (http://clc.morpheus.net/prtsync/REPO)

The plan is to do an internal test this week, and do a second, public
round of testing next week.

That said, we'd like to ask for the following:
- testers who want to have their repo synced, and want to help to iron
  out bugs in the notification and merge processes
- testers who don't care about the bugs but just want to help optimizing
  the work procedure
- reviewers of the Wiki page (NewContribRules)

If you're interested in one of the above, please reply to this message.
Please also include collection name (e.g. sip, jw, etc), your email
address and the repository url. Also note that for a port to be synced,
it has to be marked explicitely with a ".sync" file (in the same
directory as the Pkgfile). Its content is ignored, so you can simply
touch it.

Known issues:
- conflict notifications are sent out hourly; this should be reduced to
  an immediate initial warning, and daily reminders
- reports about added/removed ports are send hourly; maybe those
  shouldn't go to the list, since they might not be interesting enough

Thanks for your interest.
Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net