[clc-devel] testing the new contrib

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 18:12:48 UTC 2005

http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/wiki?p=NewContribRules

> In case of problems and added/removed ports,
> notifications are sent to
> clc-contrib at lists.berlios.de. An archive for this
> list can be seen at
>   https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/clc-contrib/
>
> The collection itself can be found at
>   http://clc.morpheus.net/prtsync/
>   (http://clc.morpheus.net/prtsync/REPO)
>
> The plan is to do an internal test this week, and do
> a second, public
> round of testing next week.
>
> That said, we'd like to ask for the following:
> - testers who want to have their repo synced, and
> want to help to iron
>   out bugs in the notification and merge processes
> - testers who don't care about the bugs but just
> want to help optimizing
>   the work procedure
> - reviewers of the Wiki page (NewContribRules)
>
> If you're interested in one of the above, please
> Please also include collection name (e.g. sip, jw,
> etc), your email
> address and the repository url. Also note that for a
> port to be synced,
> it has to be marked explicitely with a ".sync" file
> (in the same
> directory as the Pkgfile). Its content is ignored,
> so you can simply
> touch it.
>
> Known issues:
> - conflict notifications are sent out hourly; this
> should be reduced to
>   an immediate initial warning, and daily reminders
> - reports about added/removed ports are send hourly;
> maybe those
>   shouldn't go to the list, since they might not be
> interesting enough
>
> Thanks for your interest.
> Kind regards, Johannes
> --
> Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net
> Bern, Switzerland                http://jw.tks6.net

Hehe, well, I'd just like to point out that since jw
adopted prtsync for a while, it's hardly "my" script
anymore.  But I'll soon be maintaining it officially
again, and it will be available in CONTRIB (or OPT?
;)) soon - as my plan is to provide some tools for
httpup repository maintainers within the script.  I'll
also try to address the current known issues.

Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst
Windmill Cycles, Inc.
508.999.4000