[clc-devel] New CRUX/CLC website

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Thu Mar 31 17:47:39 UTC 2005

Hi all,

some time ago I offered to help with the crux/clc website merge,
I drop you some proposal/idea in case we're going to start to work on
the project during the following weeks.

I've been evaluating some wiki package during the last days
and my preference goes to wikka wiki:

http://wikka.jsnx.com/TestSkin

for the following reasons:

- lightweight but with interesting features
- easy to configure/install/manage
- graphically customizable (ie: select the "withew.css" skin
  in the url above)
- good support for ACLs, very useful for subprojects
- does not require 3rd party software (just plain php+mysql)

In my opinion with something like Wikka we could manage the entire
CRUX/CLC website in a collaborative manner, and use cvstrac only as a
bug tracker.

======

Apart from the choice of software, we cannot really start something
without some knowledge about the physical location of the site.

Personally I'd be glad to donate some buck myself, buy some webspace
and make it accessible to CLC members.
We could host there the site, maybe with the following layout:

- isos at fukt.bth.se
- cvs and ports at morpheus.net
- webpages / docs / subprojects at the new site

This is a proposal to avoid spending time administering
(and securing) a web/db server ourselves, please let me
know if there is some interest.

As usual comments and further proposals are welcome.

Regards,
Simone

--
Simone Rota           WEB : http://www.varlock.com