[clc-devel] New project & server

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Thu Nov 10 20:46:28 UTC 2005

Hi there,

Some "hot" news from CRUXCon 2005:

We've moved the content of crux.nu and clc.morpheus.net to a new server,
and merged the two projects into one. Since we've also updated DNS to
point to the new page, here's some information which might be
interesting to you:
- we decided to switch to subversion, and trac as Wiki and Bug tracking
  system
- we created a new collection called 'core', which contains ports
  included on the ISO
- we imported pkgutils, ports, httpup, prt-get into the subversion
  repository

Also, there's a group of "core maintainers" which will have access to
the 'core' ports collection to update ports there and take some workload
away from Per. Currently, it's just the four of us added there, but
every CLC maintainer which is interested in helping out is a canditate
for it (we just didn't want to add anyone there before asking you).

We'll spend some more time discussion the new contrib, future package
management and multi-architecture support tomorrow.

There's a couple of things which remain to be done:
- create the user accounts for the CLC members
- import the contrib ports into subversion
- make users switch to the svn ports tree
- work on the wiki

You're invited to browse through the wiki, comment and ask questions.
There will be a more in depth summary later on :-).

Hope you like it,
Best regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net