[clc-devel] proposal to replace libglut with freeglut

Jay Dolan jasonthomasdolan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 13:14:37 UTC 2005

Nick Steeves <nick.steeves at shaw.ca> wrote: No conflicts?  Did you previously have libglut installed?  There should have
been a conflict at: /usr/lib/libglut.so.3.

Oh well!  From what I can tell, glut seems to be a kind of OpenGL-specific
graphics-only SDL alternative.  The only programs I have access to, are those
two games, the KDE OpenGL screensaver, the xscreensaver one's, and
kpovmodeler.  Other then that, does it do weird things to glxgears? (it does
not for me)

Nick

 I did not previously have libglut installed - so I'm not sure that xscreensaver or glxgears will try to use it.  Perhaps I should rebuild xscreensaver or x11?

Jay Dolan
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst
Windmill Cycles, Inc.
508.999.4000