[clc-devel] Making the switch to svn

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Sat Nov 26 16:09:58 UTC 2005

On 11/26/05 16:35 Jay Dolan wrote:

> Zsync looks interesting.  I suppose it's okay that the
> author still calls is 'beta' - we could certainly
> explore it.  The 'rsync algorithm over http' is pretty
> much what httpup gives us.  So, I'm curious to see if
> it performs any better.

I'm pretty sure it does, even if I I just discovered
zsync is for distributing single files, so it's not
appropriate here.

I'd be more than happy also with a simple solution
like making the crux.nu server update the
svn repo to a local dir every, say, 5 minutes
and serve that dir via rsync (almost the same
as with contrib-test).

This way we'd have to manage a single (+ more
compact and efficient) ports backend.

Regards,
Simone

--