[clc-devel] Making the switch to svn

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Sun Nov 27 14:39:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 17:09:58 +0100, Simone Rota wrote:
[...]
> I'd be more than happy also with a simple solution
> like making the crux.nu server update the
> svn repo to a local dir every, say, 5 minutes
> and serve that dir via rsync (almost the same
> as with contrib-test).
Sounds fine with me too; especially if we'll have mirrors of the ports
tree in the future, users will have to get used to small delays anyway.

Therefore, if the others agree I'd suggest we go for this solution.

> This way we'd have to manage a single (+ more
> compact and efficient) ports backend.
Yeah.

I'd be happy though if we could add a wrapper to track synced files, so
get rid of the EXCLUDE hack; for now, that should be okay.

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net