[clc-devel] Project: ports database for crux.nu

Till Biedermann tillbiedermann at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 27 16:28:55 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

because we (finally ;-) ) have a new website, it's time to get the
things rolling.

To get started we should discuss some things like features,
implementation and integration. I described my ideas for this project in
form of a whitepaper.

http://www.still2come.net/~till/temp/Ports-Database_Whitepaper.pdf

To come to the point: I'd like to shoulder the responsibility for this
project. Do you agree with that?
No matter who will be the maintainer of the database project, I will
contribute in any case.

Based on my whitepaper I suggest this points as roadmap:
(in wise foresight - dateless :-) )
 - decide which database to use
 - determine database structure
 - setup the database
 - implement and setup a frequent database update
 - setup the web-frontend as wiki-page
 - implement advanced features like statistics and CLI-access

Regards Till

--
http://www.tbmnet.de