[crux-devel] [PROPOSAL] Better organization of the devel team

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Sun Aug 6 14:39:53 UTC 2006

On 08/06/06 13:04 Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

Hi,

> Idea
> ----
> Introduce team for 'ports', 'infrastructure' (website, mailing lists,
> crux.nu, all the cronjobs) and 'core development' (utilitites, setup,
> releases), with a leader each (this means that if there's a problem,
> there's a defined person to talk to) and clearly assigned tasks and
> responsibilities.

+1 vote for the proposal.
It would also be nice to keep track of such categorized tasks & ideas
under our current bugtracker.

I take the chance of writing about a couple of related things
I think we need to address shortly:

1. Next IRC meeting: discussion about teams (if the proposal get
   approved), next release(s) timeframe, etc.

2. crux.nu updates. the current setup is quite outdated;
   I don't dare to touch anything since we've a bunch of
   different services configured by different people.
   Besides of updates, a cleaner (documented?) setup
   would be great.
   This is a potential job for the infrastructure team.

Regards,
Simone

--
Simone Rota