[crux-devel] [PROPOSAL] Better organization of the devel team

Simon Gloßner viper at hometux.de
Mon Aug 7 00:33:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 01:04:34PM +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> Idea
> ----
> Introduce team for 'ports', 'infrastructure' (website, mailing lists,
> crux.nu, all the cronjobs) and 'core development' (utilitites, setup,
> releases), with a leader each (this means that if there's a problem,
> there's a defined person to talk to) and clearly assigned tasks and
> responsibilities.
>
> These teams could also recruit independently, so we can fetch someone
> into the infrastructure team even if he can't create ports, as long as
> he's fit for the job.
Sounds like a good idea. In fact I have nearly the same opinion about
responsibilities but I have to admit that I am no exception her. The
job of the maintainer for the portdb was assigned to myself (on my
wish) but I haven't managed to get involved in it yet.

> Procedure
> ---------
> If this proposal is accepted, I'd suggest to define the responsibilities
> of the teams, and look for team leaders.
Of course I like this proposal and therefore accept it.

I myself could imagine to work/be in the ports team. Working as the
maintainer for the portdb or testing/verifying ports would be fine.

Regards Viper