[crux-devel] Plannin the crux.nu server update

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Fri Aug 11 20:56:09 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

It would be a good thing(TM) to update the current setup at crux.nu
during next days; I briefly discussed with Johannes a possible
plan to minimize downtime and avoid problems with the updates:

1. Suspend the current services (mail/web/ports/svn, etc).
   for mainteinance.
2, Update to CRUX 2.2 <-- I can handle this step.
3. Re-activate the services and verify everything's ok
   with the new setup.

Since said services have been configured by different
people, I think that we should coordinate the efforts
required for step 3.

I'm asking for availability to everyone that has been involved
with configuration/mainteinance of postfix, mailman, apache, etc
so we can choose a date to carry on the upgrade.
(Note that your presence is strictly needed only during step 3)

If I remember well a "neutral" hour for irc meetings was
around 20:00 CEST, please pick a preferred date (*=mine)
for the step 3 procedure:

- Mon, Aug 14 *
- Tue, Aug 15
- Wed, Aug 16