[crux-devel] autoconf mandir patch

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at crux.nu
Sun Aug 20 12:15:53 UTC 2006

Hi,
when I updated autoconf to 2.60 some weeks ago, Matt noticed that it
broke grub (in grub's Pkgfile, we regenerate configure because we need
to patch configure.in). With autoconf 2.60, the default mandir changed
from /usr/man to /usr/share/man.

We decided to patch autoconf to revert this change, but I don't think
this is a good idea anymore.

This issue is non-critical, and I'd like to avoid having a different
autotools environment than on any other distro.

We'll have to add "--mandir=/usr/man" to more configure lines in the
next few months anyway, while projects update autoconf to 2.60, so it
doesn't really matter if we add it to the Pkgfiles where we call
autoconf ourselves.

Comments?

Regards,
Tilman