[crux-devel] autoconf mandir patch

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Mon Aug 21 14:03:11 UTC 2006

* Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman at crux.nu> schrieb:

Hi,

> With autoconf 2.60, the default mandir changed
> from /usr/man to /usr/share/man.

I can't believe, autoconf's now doing something right by itself ;-P

IMHO, manpages really should belong to /usr/share/man, according
to FHS, since manpages are in fact arch-independent data, exactly
what /usr/share is for. You can put a link at /usr/man for backwards
compatibility.

<snip>

> We'll have to add "--mandir=/usr/man" to more configure lines in the
> next few months anyway, while projects update autoconf to 2.60, so it
> doesn't really matter if we add it to the Pkgfiles where we call
> autoconf ourselves.

Exactly that's the right way. BTW: you should do this with all
reloc paramters.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de