[crux-devel] nomination of Alan Mizrahi for new KDE maintainer

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Thu Aug 24 07:10:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 18:17:19 -0600, Nick Steeves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alan has a personal repository at:
> http://www.mizrahi.com.ve/crux/pkgs

Which is also being sync'ed to contrib for those wondering :-).

[...]
> In Alan's personal repository I'm intrigued to see a port for em8300.  They're
> tricky cards to get working properly, iirc.  He has a few other ports that
> look interesting, but none which I've had the opportunity to try; they look
> like good ports.
I quickly ran my validator scripts on his repo:
  http://sh.nu/p/2875

The number of missing footprints and md5sum is kinda worrying, even more
so since this has been pointed out when he joined contrib back in
january this year [1].

Other than that, it's great that Alan volunteered to take over KDE, and
if you feel confident that he's up for the job I think we should make
that happen :-).

> If everyone is in accordance with Alan's nomination, then is it possible for
> him to soon get SVN access so that he can help out with adopting my ports
> from attic--when I sed the Maintainer and Packager lines and move the ports
> there later this month?
Independent of who takes over the ports, would it maybe be a good idea
to have KDE in an SVN/ports subdirectory on its own, to be able to
recruit dedicated KDE maintainers? The same could be done for gnome,
which is currently hosted by Matt privately.

I assume we could host that on crux.nu, labelled as official subproject,
so it's not like those ports would lose any credit.

Regards, Johannes