[crux-devel] meeting notes & next IRC Meeting

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Mon May 29 10:49:24 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:38:17 +0200, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 09:16 +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
[...]
> > - Extend setup to handle modular X; one idea which was discussed and
> >   considered viable was to do grouping, such that one could first select
> >   the core group, the xorg group, and the [name to be found; remaining
> >   packages from opt] group
>
> I'll suggest something like the FreeBSD install set selections, except
> for the top-level profiles ("Developer desktop" etc.), so instead of
> having all packages in one list, there'd be something like:
>
> [x] core -->
> [ ] opt -->
> [ ] xorg -->
>
> Space would select/deselect all the packages, Enter would go into a list
> similar to the one we have today, listing all the packages in the
> category.
Yeah, that sounds pretty much like what I had in mind too.

> > - we'll set up ck4up on crux.nu to check core ports; jue has kindly
> >   provided a special version and a configuration file
>
> Nice :)
>
> Would it be an idea to integrate ck4up in the ports somehow, e.g.
> optionally add a file to each port containing a list of URL's to check?
It's an interesting idea, although I'm not sure if this solves an actual
problem.

> Then it could be invoked with "ck4up -r /usr/ports/core" - it's
> obviously more scalable for all sorts of repositories. Thinking about
> it, it's probably also a nice way to check for dead/moved distfiles :)
Well, ck4up is stateful, i.e. it won't list a change twice; checking for
moved/missing distfiles is a slightly different problem; for this, I'd
rather go with something like
  http://crux.nu/svnweb/CRUX/view/tools/scripts/check_urls

I'll try to remember bringing that up at the next meeting :-).

Thanks for your comments,
Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch