[crux-devel] Notes about test3

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Tue Nov 18 17:18:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:25:07PM -0000, Ricardo Oliveira wrote:

Hello Ricardo,

> Hello, I just wanted to leave some feedback about the test3 iso.

thanks for the report and testing.

> First I have noticed that mkfs.ext3 (and not only ext3) takes an abnormal
> amount of time to make the fs...This was pretty fast on 2.4.

That's something I cannot reproduce. Formating a 10G partition with ext3
took around 5.6 sec for me with a installed CRUX 2.4 and 2.5, the same
time for formating with a booted test3.

> The boot from the cd is also somewhat slower.
> The kernel compile process fails if squashfs is enabled in the config. BTW
> is there any use for squashfs, is it worth having this enabled in the
> kernel?

The supplied kernel config is the one we are using for the iso, you have
to apply the squasfs patch to the kernel sources in order to use it. But
indeed not very useful for a "normal" kernel.

best regards
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux