[crux-devel] Notes about test3

Ricardo Oliveira crux at roliveira.eu
Tue Nov 18 20:43:55 UTC 2008

> thanks for the report and testing.
no problem!

> That's something I cannot reproduce. Formating a 10G partition with ext3
took around 5.6 sec for me with a installed CRUX 2.4 and 2.5, the same
time for formating with a booted test3.

I made a quick measure of the "problems" i mentioned, the results:

Machine #1
Boot until prompt:
2.4: 39 sec
2.5 TEST3: 1 min, 4 sec

mkfs.ext3 29000MB partition
2.4: 27 sec
2.5 TEST3: 3 min, 09 sec !!

Machine #2
Boot until prompt:
2.4: 30 sec
2.5: 39.6 sec

mkfs.ext3 26560MB partition
2.4: 24.9 sec
2.5 TEST3: 3 min, 27 sec !!

I haven`t timed the install process, but it also seems to be slower.

> The supplied kernel config is the one we are using for the iso, you have
to apply the squasfs patch to the kernel sources in order to use it. But
indeed not very useful for a "normal" kernel.

Thanks for the clarification.