[crux-devel] perl and python footprint mismatch errors

Jose V Beneyto sepen at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 27 18:10:26 UTC 2008

Hi

I experienced something weird and seems nobody reported it (or I didn't
hear of it).

Well, there are some ports dependent on 'python' and 'perl', which have
errors after merging into opt/2.5.
For the 2.5 release, perl has changed from 5.8.8 to 5.10.0, and python
from 2.5 to 2.6, and (for what I know ) this version number is hardcoded
in footprints[1] (also in some dependent ports). So, some maintainers
should pay attention before merge their commits into the 2.5 branch.

Some affected ports and their maintainers: (opt)

(perl ports)
$ for port in $(grep 'site_perl/5.8' -r * | cut -d'/' -f1 | uniq); do
echo -ne "$port "; grep Maintainer $port/Pkgfile; done
git # Maintainer: Tilman Sauerbeck, tilman at crux dot nu
imagemagick # Maintainer: Simone Rota, sip at crux dot nu
mod_perl # Maintainer:  Juergen Daubert, juergen dot daubert at t-online
dot de
p5-html-parser # Maintainer: Lucas Hazel, lucas at die dot net dot au
p5-html-tagset # Maintainer: Lucas Hazel, lucas at die dot net dot au
p5-uri # Maintainer: Lucas Hazel, lucas at die dot net dot au

(python ports)
$ for port in $(grep 'python2.5' -r * | cut -d'/' -f1 | uniq); do echo
-ne "$port "; grep Maintainer $port/Pkgfile; done
dbus-python # Maintainer: Lucas Hazel, lucas at die dot net dot au
iotop # Maintainer:  Johannes Winkelmann, jw at smts dot ch
libxml2-python # Maintainer:  Juergen Daubert, juergen dot daubert at
t-online dot de
mysql-python # Maintainer:  Juergen Daubert, juergen dot daubert at
t-online dot de
pycairo # Maintainer: Simone Rota, sip at crux dot nu
pygobject # Maintainer: Simone Rota, sip at varlock dot com
pygtk # Maintainer: Simone Rota, sip at crux dot nu
pypanel # Maintainer:  Johannes Winkelmann, jw at tks6 dot net
pyrex # Maintainer: Lucas Hazel, lucas at die dot net dot au
python-xlib # Maintainer:  Johannes Winkelmann, jw at smts dot ch
rdiff-backup # Maintainer: Simon Gloßner, viper at hometux dot de

[1]  I would to propose you a pkgmk hack similar to that we have for
kernel modules ports, all we need is the current installed version for
perl and python.
See kernel footprint hack for take an idea:
http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=tools/pkgutils.git;a=blob;f=pkgmk.in
make_footprint() {
    pkginfo --footprint $TARGET | \
<http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=tools/pkgutils.git;a=blob;f=pkgmk.in;h=1cc40d60d274cb3a31e7896f3ad3ce4e2864673c;hb=HEAD#l198>
    sed "s|\tlib/modules/`uname -r`/|\tlib/modules/<kernel-version>/|g" | \
        sort -k 3
}

Thanks,
    Jose V Beneyto