[crux-devel] ANN: CRUX 2.5-test2

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Tue Oct 28 20:48:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:46:57PM +0100, Clemens Koller wrote:

[...]

>>> 1) Does it make sense to include unsquashfs with the CRUX CD?
>>
>> Hmm, not sure what you mean. A squashfs package on the iso or the
>> unsquashfs as part of the binaries available after booting the iso?
>
> I think I need unsquashfs as part of the binaries available after booting
> the iso. It would be also possible to unpack the squashfs-tools package
> when it's included on the CD but that would need an additional step.
>
>> In both cases it dosn't solve your problem IMO, because you either
>> need unsuashfs to access the iso, or a running crux system to install
>> the package. Or do I miss something?
>
> Propably. :-)

Now I got it. Currently all executable binaries are packed in
crux.squashfs and therefore not available via loop-mount of the iso.
But it shouldn't be a problem to put the 50k unsquashfs somewhere
else on the iso :) Maybe a new subdir /bin or something similar.

Greetings
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux