[crux-devel] A case against blackbox

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Wed Oct 29 06:49:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Johannes Winkelmann <jw at smts.ch> wrote:
[...]
> As for alternatives, openbox is high on my list, but has some more
> dependencies (which are all already on the ISO though), but maybe
> others can comment on that and suggest their preference;

I got a private mail pointing out that asking for the preference in WM
is somewhat similar to a asking for one's favorite editor or
programming language which is not what I intended, so I assume that
the wording was unfortunate. I didn't mean to ask about personal
preference, but wanted to see which WM might fit best for as a
"default setup", and would fit the requirements; more like "best for
this particular use case", not "personal favorite";

> I guess any
> reasonably lightweight WM in opt that is used by more than just one
> maintainer (= would stay in opt even if the current maintainer leaves)
> would qualify.
Given the "default setup" use, it wouldn't hurt if it was a reasonably
intuitive one :-).

Sorry for the confusion,
Johannes
--