[crux-devel] CRUX 2.5: replace slocate by mlocate

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Wed Oct 29 06:59:08 UTC 2008

Hi Jürgen,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Juergen Daubert <jue at jue.li> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> apologize for bringing up this so late, I simply forgot it,
> but Johannes' blackbox email reminds me ;-)
Great, just draw away all the attention ;-)

> * I'd suggest to replace core/slocate by mlocate for CRUX 2.5
mlocate sounds interesting, although I can't test it at this point in
time. +1 to the switch though, based on what I can find online.

> Unfortunately the switch is not fully painless, because mlocate
> needs a new system-group 'mlocate' and cannot co-exist with
> slocate because of conflicting file names.
Mmmh, as long as people run rejmerge this should be painless, right?
'setup-helper' can replace slocate with mlocate.

Maybe we should check for files in /var/lib/pkg/rejected in the very
end of 'setup', and print out an exit message, stating "Remember to
run rejmerge to finish the update procedure - Enjoy your new CRUX
$VERSION".

> PS:
> if you are using the current version of pkgmk you have to download
> the source-file by hand, because of a failed certificate check,
> pkgmk in git already has a fix for that [4]. A new pkgutils release
> for 2.5 would be nice.
+1

Given that all these changes are rather isolated and thus shouldn't
break anything that's already tested, could we maybe build a test3,
and ask maintainers to immediately move to this one to get the ports
ready? This should allow for a mid november release of 2.5

Cheers, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann
jw at smts.ch