[crux-devel] CRUX 2.5: replace slocate by mlocate

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Wed Oct 29 09:43:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 07:59:08AM +0100, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

[...]
> > Unfortunately the switch is not fully painless, because mlocate
> > needs a new system-group 'mlocate' and cannot co-exist with
> > slocate because of conflicting file names.
> Mmmh, as long as people run rejmerge this should be painless, right?
> 'setup-helper' can replace slocate with mlocate.

Sorry, I meant for you to test the port right know, not for the
switch with 2.5 where setup-helper is our friend.

> Given that all these changes are rather isolated and thus shouldn't
> break anything that's already tested, could we maybe build a test3,
> and ask maintainers to immediately move to this one to get the ports
> ready? This should allow for a mid november release of 2.5

I can build a test3 the next days, but suggest to wait for a new
pkgutils release. If there are no objections I'll do the following
chances besides using a snapshot of the ports tree:

- kernel update to 2.6.27.4
- replace blackbox with openbox
- replace slocate with mlocate

Greetings