[crux-devel] [RFC] pkgmk and wget configuration

Jose V Beneyto sepen at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 31 11:55:30 UTC 2008

Hi Jue,

Juergen Daubert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [...]
>
> Unfortunately wget has not command-line option to read in an
> alternative configuration file, other than the default /etc/wgetrc
> and ~/.wgetrc.
Well, I browse the wget code and seems that we could provide an alternative
wgetrc file by defining an environment variable.
See: (wget-1.11.4/src/init.c) (line 373)

/* Return the path to the user's .wgetrc.  This is either the value of
   `WGETRC' environment variable, or `$HOME/.wgetrc'.

   If the `WGETRC' variable exists but the file does not exist, the
   function will exit().  */

[...]

  /* Try the environment.  */
  env = getenv ("WGETRC");
  if (env && *env)
    {
      if (!file_exists_p (env))
        {
          fprintf (stderr, _("%s: WGETRC points to %s, which doesn't
exist.\n"),
                   exec_name, env);
          exit (1);
        }