[crux-devel] [RFC] add keymap support to hal

Lucas Hazel lucas at die.net.au
Fri Sep 5 13:19:12 UTC 2008

I've encountered a footprint mismatch for hal on my system

NEW       -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/bin/hal-setup-keymap
NEW       -rw-r--r--      root/root
usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-keymap.fdi

After some investigation, I have discovered this is due to having gperf
installed which hal uses to map all those extra keys for non standard
keyboards, that many laptops have for example, that are not supported
by X.

Is this a feature we want, or should I keep the port completely minimal?

--
Lucas Hazel <lucas at die.net.au>