[crux-devel] [RFC] toolchain for CRUX 2.5

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Mon Sep 8 07:45:32 UTC 2008

Hi all,

as a very first step in direction to a CRUX 2.5 release
I've prepared ports that might be possibly used for our
tool-chain. For now the ports are available in my personal
repo [1], bootstrapped packages can be obtained from [2].

Some notes:

* binutils 2.18.50.0.9
  Because regular updates from upstream are very occasionally,
  I thought that using the ones hosted/maintained on kernel.org
  [3] might be an option for us.
  The drawback is, that the man-pages are not prebuild, so
  texinfo is a build requirement. Sure, we can patch binutils
  and provide a tarball with the man-pages, but I'd prefer to
  add texinfo to our toolbox because I run into similar
  problems with other ports as well.

* glibc 2.8 with kernel-headers 2.6.26
  Tarball created from cvs with -r glibc_2.8-branch which
  includes one patch after the glibc_2.8 tag [4].
  Remember, locales are not generated, see this thread in
  crux-devel [5].

* gcc 4.3.2
  It's the same Tilman has committed to core-x86_64, with
  some minor adjustments. New dependencies are libgmp and
  libmpfr, both are available in [1] too.

best regards
Juergen

[1] httpup sync http://jue.li/crux/ports/ jue