[crux-devel] How to speed up CRUX maintenance?

Clemens Koller clemens.ml at gmx.net
Thu Dec 10 20:25:03 UTC 2009

Hi, There!

What about adding something like prt-get --push <portname>
that a newly created / updated port will be published
to some mailing list for review and inclusion into i.e. contrib?

I take care of my own (maybe five to ten) ports which get an update every
once in a while. I think adding my repo to the already 50 others
doesn't make sense since I don't see any advantage to have even more repos and
more different versions to choose from (not knowing versions without checking
it manually).

I think it would be much better to centralise the repositories to get
opt and contrib more up-to-date instead of everybody is doing his/her own
thing. What do you think?

Regards,

Clemens