[crux-devel] pkgutils patches

Ciprian Dorin, Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 21:11:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Ciprian Dorin,
Craciun<ciprian.craciun at gmail.com> wrote:
>    Hello all!
>
>    (I'll be short as I'm in a hurry.)
>
>    I've made some (minor) modifications to pkgutils, which are
> available from my Git repository (given below), so if you're
> interested, please merge them in. (Even if not I would appreciate some
> comments. :) )
>        git://git.volution.ro/pkgutils.git
>
>    I've done all these, because I want to use you package manager
> along side with apt-get (on Debian) for my own (hand-built) packages,
> and also in a non-standard location (like /packages for example).
>
>    The patches contain some minor updates to the Makefile or the code:
>    * added a SHARED variable, that when set on "yes" disables the
> "-static" compilation flag; (static compilation breaks on my Debian,
> and I've not investigated why;)
>    * added a VARDIR variable, that allows to customize the
> /var/lib/pkg folder location; (both to the Makefile, C++ source code,
> Bash scripts and manual files;)
>    * pushed the ETCDIR, BINDIR and MANDIR (although the last two are
> not needed) inside the C++ files to allow customization of these paths
> also; (there are still left LDCONFIG, etc.)
>    * added a PREFIX variable (for example /usr/local); but by default
> is not set, and the old behavior is kept;
>
>    I'm planning also to patch the applications to allow usage without
> root privileges.
>
>    Thank's for the good job! Keep it up!
>    Ciprian Craciun.

    In the same idea as above, I've made similar updates also to the
projects pkg-get and ports. If interested, please see my Git
repositories:
    git://git.volution.ro/crux/tools/ports.git
    git://git.volution.ro/crux/tools/pkg-get.git

    I've also moved the previous repository (for pkgutils) to a new location:
    git://git.volution.ro/crux/tools/pkgutils.git

    (For the exact updates, please see the commit comments.)

    Got to run,
    Ciprian Craciun.