[crux-devel] nfs-utils, new dependency libcap

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Wed Feb 24 10:28:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

as of version 1.2.2 core/nfs-utils depends on opt/libcap, I've
overseen this new dependency and committed the update, sorry for
that. This issue has been reported [1], the corresponding commit
to nfs-utils is here [2].

We have at least three options now:
a) downgrade nfs-utils to 1.2.1
b) move libcap and libattr from opt to core
c) move nfs-utils from core to opt

I tend towards b) because the new version comes with a lot of
fixes and improvements [3] and most users might have libcap
installed anyway, it's part of our ISO and cdrkit depends on it.

Opinions?

Thanks and best regards
Juergen

[1] http://crux.nu/bugs/?do=details&task_id=564