regarding footprint-mismatch error message

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at crux.nu
Fri Dec 1 16:22:28 UTC 2006

Fredrik Rinnestam [2006-11-25 23:18]:
> pkgmk should print out a warning instead of an error on footprint
> mismatch. Most "errors" are trivial and perfectly normal. I feel that a
> warning would be more appropriate.

I think this is a good idea.

What's more important though is the exit code that's used for this
condition. If it stays at non-zero, calling apps will treat it as a
fatal error. If you install a bunch of ports at once via prt-get, it's
rather important, since it will decide whether prt-get stops to tell you
about the footprint mismatch or whether it will just go on...

Mmh.

Regards,
Tilman