Firefox menu font too big

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Sat Dec 2 13:21:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Markus Heinz wrote:

> I have the following problem with Firefox 2.0: The font of the menu and
> the size of input boxes in webpages are to big. Firefox 1.5 had a dpi
> setting in the preferences with which I could correct this. But in
> Firefox 2.0 this setting is gone.

I've recently learnt myself (see
<http://use.perl.org/~blazar/journal/31593>) that FF is much more
configurable than the preferences dialogs may suggest. Only the settings
are not just as "reachable". One generally discovers by asking, like you
and I did. The easiest way to reach them IMHO is through the about:config
pseudo-url. To know which is which one would better check
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries> and related pages though.

Michele
--
: Am I way off base? :)
Maybe, but it doesn't matter if your teammate just knocked a home run.