Two sound card

Joe Gilmour jgilmour at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 8 10:31:00 UTC 2006

> Very annoying! It may be related to similar random behaviour
> in whether eth0 is the wireless or ethernet connection.
> (and random behaviour of console fullscreen or not at bootup.)
> Sometimes it seems to be affected by use of Windows between
> bootups, but not really consistently.
> Hope someone has an answer.
> clare

There is a way to do this using udev.  I know you can specify a name for
each nic and I'm sure you can do the same thing for mixers.  Sorry I
don't have more detail but I looked into it (net adapter consistent
naming) months ago and I know it can be done.
try:
udevinfo -a -p /sys/class/sound/mixer/
and
udevinfo -a -p /sys/class/sound/mixer1/
 to see what they're currently setup in and then use your own udev rules
to name them how you want.

A couple of links for you:
http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/002dec04/features/udev/