Setting a domain name

Ryan Forsyth rdforsyth at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 17:58:45 UTC 2006

Hi Everyone,

I just want to pre-emptively thank everyone for all your help. I've been
a long time user of crux for non-domain style servers (file server,
personal web server, etc), but now I would like to assign a domain name
to my system. I have the domain registered already, and the DNS is set
up and I can access the domain and it goes to my system fine, but when I
do `domainname` it returns `(none)`.

I'm accustomed to slackware's netconfig for managing the domain name on
a server and I just can't seem to find a proper document or anything to
show me how to do this manually.

I know this is a silly question, but I just can't seem to figure it out!