GNOME could not be installed

arnuld arnuld3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 13:33:01 UTC 2006

>> after enabling "contrib" & "gnome" ports,  "ports -u" was successful. i
>> want to install GNOME so i did:

>> "prt-get depinst --install-scripts gnome"

>> after installing several-packages it says something like:

>> "unable to fetch SDL-1.2.x.x.tar.bz2"
>> "installation failed"

>> and it stops.  "prt-get deptree gnome" shows me the deptree correctly.
>> what could be the reason for trouble? i guess "SDL" package has been
>> re(moved) from the rsync respository.

my guess was right "SDL sources" do *not* exist on internet . i tried
"httpup" too & gnome installation failed at the same point. i decided
to download "SDL sources" myself on Firefox. what i found is
""libsdl.org" does not exist, it was the first hint on Google for "sdl
download". i am not able to get SDL sources & hence can not build
GNOME.

do you know any pointer to SDL sources so thati can run GNOME?

--
arnuld
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/