mouse does not work in X (SOLVED)

Clare Johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 10:41:24 UTC 2006

On 12/24/06, Juergen Daubert <jue at jue.li> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 07:40:17PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> [...]
> > CRUX is the only Linux distro where, in Linux kernel, you have to
> > "enable" mouse (out of SOURCEMAGE, Gentoo, Fedora, BLAG, Frugalware,
> > Arch, gNewSense & some others i did not remember)
>
> As Michele already said, there is no kernel configuration that
> comes with CRUX. What you see, if you run make menuconfig in a
> fresh tree, is the kernel-dev's "default" configuration.
>
> HTH
> Juergen

Hi Jue,
This has me puzzled. I am installing the trial version of 2.3.
To make my life easier I always copy the kernel from the CD into
/boot and copy the modules from the CD also. That way I have no need
to compile a kernel the first time, just get grub in and try it out.
After setting that really useful variable
LESSOPEN='|/usr/lib/less/filter %s'
I was able to get the config used in the running CD kernel with
less /proc/config.gz > gzconfig
and then diff .config gzconfig showed it to be  the same
as the initial .config  in the kernel source
(except small difference in version and date).

wishing you a happy New Year
clare