GNOME install error "fotprint mismatch found"

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at obra.se
Fri Dec 29 17:58:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 11:51:34AM +0000, arnuld wrote:
> hey Treach, BTW, i just did:
>
> "prt-get -uf depinst --install-scripts gnome"
>
> and it resolved the problem and installed the CUPS :-)
>
> i also got a new error with that but that wasn't important as this new
> error was resolved as soon as i did:
>
> "prt-get depinst --install-scripts gnome"
>
> thanks
>
> --  arnuld

Footprint "error" messages are 9 out of 10 no errors, just warnings. If
you have some library or something that makes the port build additional
stuff the footprint might not match.

I suggested that footprint "errors" would print out as a warning instead
in an earlier message. This thread is a fine example of my point :)

--
Fredrik Rinnestam