64 bit

Ryan B. Lynch rlynch at bway.net
Tue Jul 4 07:47:34 UTC 2006

The standard i686 Crux ISO or the i586 ISO should work fine on a 64-bit
machine.  You won't be taking advantage of the additional capabilities,
but it will work.  I can't really speculate on the benefits to be gained
from actually using software compiled on an amd64 toolchain, but I have
been told that certain apps, like databases, benefit more than others.

-Ryan