Request for Crux 2.3

Ryan B. Lynch rlynch at klipmart.com
Wed Jul 5 19:10:01 UTC 2006

It might not be that the driver is missing, exactly--it could be that
the driver version is the problem. I recently installed Crux 2.2 on a
number of relatively new machines with 3Ware 9500 RAID controllers. The
default kernel on the install CD didn't recognize the controller. I
ended up having to bootstrap the installation with a recent Ubuntu
release (newer boot kernel), copying the packages over from another machine.

You should be able to see whether the driver is loaded by looking in the
'dmesg' output from boot time, or looking for a directory with the
driver's name in "/sys/module"... This shows both modules and built-in
drivers.

-Ryan