how can i install from harddisk

Danny Rawlins d.rawlins at datafast.net.au
Mon Jul 17 02:39:14 UTC 2006

Get a program such as burn4free that can burn ISO images to CD-r
http://www.download.com/Burn4Free-CD-DVD/3000-2646_4-10559989.html?tag=lst-0-9

if you don't have a CD/DVD burner nor a floppy drive then you'll need to
use another Linux disk to boot up on then mount the hard disk partition
then mount the ISO image as a loop back device, this is all after
backing up your existing windows XP then resizing the hard disk to have
space to install crux for a dual boot system and the hassle of setting
up lilo or the Windows boot menu to be able to select the 2 operating
systems, or its a bit easier to just wipe the disk and install crux as a
standalone system.