bianual releases

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Thu Jul 20 21:37:59 UTC 2006

Han Boetes wrote:
> The OpenBSD project introduced bianual releases with great succes.
> Since Crux is also a very evolutionary project using a binanual
> release cycle would be pretty easy.
>
> And I bet you can all come up with other advantages.  The only
> disadvantage is that we've got to together more often and decide
> what to for the next cycle apart from updates and then insert a
> month of freezetime.
>
> What do you think?

I'm all for a more defined release policy, and I think knowing the
approx. date of the next release would help us keeping things
more organized.

I'm not sure about having 2 releases per year: as you pointed
out this could result a complicated task for our small team.

In any case, it sound like a good idea; basically I'm in favour
of everything that:
  - facilitates the task of maintaining CRUX
  - facilitates the task of upgrading to new releases

Regards,
Simone