Problems installing with USB CDROM

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Mon Jul 24 07:48:51 UTC 2006

Hi Bernd,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 09:30:29 +0200, Bernd Eggink wrote:
[...]
> Maybe this harware is a bit exotic. Of several other distros I tried,
> only SUSE and Debian were able to cope with the USB CDROM. Nevertheless,
> I'd put a somewhat more flexible installer on the wish list...
Please note that since it's a kernel panic, there's no "installer"
involved at this stage yet.

The easiest solution would be to use an initial ramdisk; if you want to
test that, you'll find a 2.2 ISO on
  http://jaeger.morpheus.net/blog/
Look for "crux-2.2-latest.iso" there.

It would be interesting to see whether there are further issues
remaining, so if you try that one please report back.

Those changes will hopefully make it into 2.3 and will make the dreaded
root= parameter go away (unless multiple cdrom drives are involved of
course).

HTH, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch