CRUX and such

Per Liden per at fukt.bth.se
Mon Mar 6 09:42:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

> Hey Per,

Hi Johannes,

(CC:ing the mailinglist as well, hope you don't mind)

> I saw TIPC was merged into 2.6.16, congratulations.

Thanks!

> I assume it was a pretty intense time, judging from our inability to
> reach you by mail :-).

Sorry about that. It has been a very busy period for me, with TIPC, other
work and in my private life as well.

> Anyway, I hope that you're still interested in CRUX, and I'd be glad to
> write a quick summary of the work we did lately to save you reading up
> on clc-devel. Just let me know whether this is wanted.

For some time now I've been thinking about my role in CRUX. My personal
goal for CRUXCon 2005 was as you know to make myself less important for
the furure of the project. I think we succeeded in doing that and you guys
have done a great job maintaining CRUX. I'm really happy to see CRUX
progressing in this way.

I've lived with CRUX for about 6 years now and I've really enjoyed working
with you guys. It is obvious that without you CRUX would not be remotely
close that we it is today. It has also been clear that my available time,
energy and interest in working on CRUX have steadily decreased over the
past year or so. I've always wanted to think that this was a temporary
thing and that I will return to working on CRUX as much as I once did. I
have however realized that this will not happen.

So, instead of always having a guilty conscience for not working on CRUX
I've decided to officially retire from the project. Maybe I some day find
the energy I need to get involved again, but for now I think this is the
best for both me and the project.

It feels very good to know that CRUX is in good hands and I'm sure you
guys will bring the project to a level I never managed to.

/Per