Pet Peeve - Damaging Other people's work deliberately

Mark Rosenstand rosenstand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:25:15 UTC 2006

On 3/9/06, Clare Johnstone <claregj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whereas there may be a good reason to minimise the documentation provided with
> some utiities ( even though I disagree with that), when it comes to
> serious work type
> projects I think that policy should be given a serious rethink for
> every package, and
> in general, for the whole distro, It is crippling it. AND it is a lot
> of extra work to have
> to fix each Pkgfile to get the product in the form its authors intended.
>
> I have said this before, and will probably say it again. I just hope
> someone is listening.

One of the principles of design in CRUX is to remove junk files. Files
that you'll only (if ever) read once are, IMO, junk. Since CRUX is
source based, you already have a local copy of the source in case you
want the license info.

There are lots of distros that don't mind spreading junk files on your
system, so if you insist on it, those alternatives might be worth
considering for your "serious work type projects."