Hotplug

wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski at pwr.wroc.pl wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski at pwr.wroc.pl
Sat Mar 11 00:25:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Joe Gilmour wrote:

I made two mistake:

1.) I should be more specify.
2.) maybe I don't really need hotplug.

> I don't know about the Zaurus.
When I put my Zaurus in cradle:
a) Linux recognize it (from dmesg):
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
usb0: register 'zaurus' at usb-0000:00:02.3-1, Sharp Zaurus SL-5x00,
c6:dc:77:7b:3b:5f

b) The usb0 interface become infallible, but have no ip address:
usb0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr C6:DC:77:7B:3B:5F
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1494  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

What should I do to have usb0 starting after Zaurus is connected?

I've already added /etc/hotplug/net.agent:

case $ACTION in
add|register)

    case $INTERFACE in

[...]

    usb0) #MOJE
        if /usr/sbin/ethtool -i usb0 | grep -q Zaurus
    then
        ifconfig $INTERFACE 192.168.129.1/24

    fi
    ;;

> I've set up my system to always have certain usb drives and
> memory cards mount to certain spots but I still have to mount them
> manually (I've got entries in /etc/fstab that enable users to mount them
> and also set the permissions and such).  I believe there is a package in
> the repo somewhere that includes auto mounting but I haven't played with
> that yet.
It works. I have only one problem. I would like to be sure that CF card
will be always sda1 (or whatever but always the sane). From time to time i
will add creative mp3, and this should be ... i.e. sda2

> Remember that if you want lots of automagic stuff then CRUX isn't for
> you.  Crux just doesn't come with all that stuff but that's what it's
> about.
I don't need Black Boxes, I need info how this BB works.

Thanks for your help
Wawrzek

--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański        WWW: http://larryn.blogspot.com/
    vel LarryN           E-MAIL: wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski[na]pwr.wroc.pl
PhD student @                           JID: larryn at chrome.pl
Wroclaw University of Technology        TEL: +48(071)320-2894