GCC 4.1 for 2.2?

Han Boetes han at mijncomputer.nl
Sat Mar 11 15:42:33 UTC 2006

Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
> RH/FC obviously has the advantage of having payed working on
> both gcc and glibc.

Indeed, and they have a big team of guys working on getting all
the applications patched.  That's all great work.  But if we want
to get all those packages patched and tested we'd have to spend
hours a day.

Better wait a bit until all patches are applied in concurrent
releases of packages and we can painlessly upgrade.

Also take a look at the real advantage of upgrading to the latest
release of gcc.  What is it? What's wrong with gcc-3.4.5?

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/crux/