CRUX naming

Oleksiy V. Khilkevich grim at asu.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua
Tue Mar 14 09:52:23 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:56:50 +0200, Mark Rosenstand wrote:

Hello, Mark!

IMO, the distro can be called CRUX, but anyway it is still GNU/Linux
On gnu.org (I don't remember where), Stallman stresses that the kernel is
not Linux but GNU/Linux, that undelines the nature of kernel.
That is why Debian is a Debian GNU/Linux and not Debian Linux.

Anyway it's a hard matter to operate :)
Basically for me, I agree with Stallman and call distro either CRUX or
CRUX GNU/Linux where acceptable.
CRUX fits to me best i think.

--
Regards,                             [GRIM-UANIC]  [GRIM-RIPE]
Oleksiy V. Khilkevich

--
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.
Use plain text, HTML or PDF instead.