CRUX 2.1 and Oracle 9iR2

Hans-Joachim Michl hmichl at yawsp.de
Wed Mar 15 16:36:09 UTC 2006

Hi Matt,

running oracle 9.2.0.4 on crux-1.3 here, not testen on crux-2.0
or anything else, compat-libs as of crux-1.3 are sufficient, as
oracle has not changed, this will rather not have changed too...
installation is somewhat ugly as there is no recommended
installation path on crux of course, i would suggest you to
try to setup oracle9i on crux-1.3 with anything but gcc/glibc
and kernel updated to acutal ports tree as we do here. after
this and having found out what oracle is expecting in farious
environment variables to allow installation - running an
allready installed and setup instance is much easier, the
java installer seems to be the pickiest part of the whole
thing... i would go on and try whith recent kernel and
glibc. the only real issues i can think of are the installer,
glibc and gcc worries and somewhat kernel specific tuning,
anything else should work just fine.

happy hacking

/Hans