php5 build fails (--with-apxs2)

Theo Kanter kanter at kth.se
Wed Nov 1 17:04:00 UTC 2006

Following the guidelines in
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.apache2.php
I thought I might add PHP5 support to Apache 2. Apache runs fine. Php builds without the --with-apxs2 option. However when I added  '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs \' to the Pkgfile the
php build fails ending with:

	[stuff deleted]
	Build complete.
	(It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).

	+ install -D -m 755 sapi/cgi/php /usr/ports/contrib/php/work/pkg/usr/bin/php
	install: cannot stat `sapi/cgi/php': No such file or directory
	=======> ERROR: Building '/usr/ports/contrib/php/php#5.1.6-1.pkg.tar.gz'
	failed.
	bash-3.1#

I am without clues and cannot find a hint that works on the php forums or elsewhere.
Thanks,
--theo