Testers needed for KDE 3.5.5 ports

Alan Mizrahi alan+crux at mizrahi.com.ve
Thu Nov 2 14:15:16 UTC 2006

Hello list,

The ports for KDE 3.5.5 are ready, but I need some testers to ensure
everything is fine before submitting to the official repo.

If you want to try them out, just get them from my personal repo:
http://www.mizrahi.com.ve/crux/pkgs/

To subscribe to my ports just
wget http://www.mizrahi.com.ve/crux/pkgs/alan.httpup -O /etc/ports/alan.httpup
and then add "prtdir /usr/ports/alan" to /etc/prt-get.conf

Some notes worth mentioning:

- kdeaccessibility hasn't been ported yet.  This requires festival (missing in
action) or other tts engine first, I haven't decided yet if I will make ports
for this.
- esound was removed as a dependency of arts
- tetex was removed as a dependency of kdegraphics
- I have added shortcuts for searching in crux ports and youtube videos on
konqueror
- hal/dbus integration isn't working yet, I think we will have to wait for
kde4

Please report any problems as soon as possible, so they can be fixed before
submitting to the official repo.

Cheers!

--
Alan Mizrahi