Testers needed for KDE 3.5.5 ports

Anton Vorontsov cbou at mail.ru
Fri Nov 3 00:10:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 07:09:28PM +0100, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 10:15 -0400, Alan Mizrahi wrote:
> > - I have added shortcuts for searching in crux ports and youtube videos on
> > konqueror
>
> I hope I'm not alone in being a bit disappointed about this.

You're not alone.

> One of the
> things that attracts me about CRUX is the fact that packages are mostly
> vanilla. I'd hate to see the KDE packages follow a different path as
> there's plenty of distros who push their ugly artwork and useless
> bookmarks down your throat.

Signing off under each word. Also...

Alan, is sudo, gpg, libidn, openldap, imlib, freeglut, gamin really
necessary for that version of kdelibs? The same question about samba,
ghostscript, cdparanoia, lame for the kdebase.

I'm using kde 3.5.3 without that bloat.

May it moved to "Nice to have:" ?

Beside these issues, thanks for your work! Hope kde will return to
the contrib soon.

-- Anton (irc: bd2)