Updating udev to 096

Haiko Brandes haikob at t-online.de
Fri Nov 3 19:11:15 UTC 2006

Good evening list,

after updating udev from version 087 to 096 I recieved the following error:

INIT: Id 1 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id 2 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id 3 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id 4 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id 5 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id 6 respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more prozesses left in this runlevel

Do I have to change a config or something? I had this problem about half
a year before with another version and solved it either by downgrading
to old version or updating to a newer one.
I'm running kernel 2.6.18.1; config should be alright because I always
copy the working .config from the former kernel version.
Any ideas? So long

Haiko